Get to Know Buffalo, New York
New York is more than The Big Apple! If you have purchased a home Upstate, we think you have made a wonderful choice. Increasingly, this is the location for people looking to start families in a more affordable part of this great state. This means it is also a good time to be selling a home in Buffalo, NY.
“The City of Good Neighbors, Buffalo, New York is the second largest city in the state of New York!
While Buffalo may not be known as a major hub for trade, it actually is one of the top US cities for international trade.
There are only three US cities with radial street patterns, and Buffalo is one of them!
Also, those streets are the first ever to be lit by electricity!
Kleinhans Music Hall is one of the best acoustically designed music halls in the country.
Did you know that Buffalo is the largest hub for the milling of flour in the whole world?
Buffalo AKG Art Museum is scheduled to reopen on May 25, 2023!
Naval and Servicemen’s Park is the largest inland naval port in America.
Buffalo has a AAA minor league baseball team, the Bisons!
Some notable people from Buffalo, New York:
- Rick James (musician)
- Wolf Blitzer (television journalist)
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (novelist)
- Tim Russert (television journalist)
- Mark Twain (author)
- Brian McKnight (singer)
- Grover Washington Jr. (jazz musician)
- Shirley Chisholm (congress/presidential candidate)
- Grover Cleveland (president)
- Millard Fillmore (president)
- Kathy Hochul (57th governor of New York)
- Rob Gronkowski (football player)